About Illawarra ITeC
Illawarra ITeC is a not for profit organisation designed to support the community with business services and award nominated accredited training.
About the Illawarra ITeC
Illawarra ITeC was established in 1988 and provides extensive services to cater to a diverse range of clients including business, industry and government, youth at risk, people with disabilities, indigenous and disadvantaged jobseekers including homeless people and has extensive involvement with programs and partners throughout the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Far South Coast, Southern Highlands & Macarthur areas.
ITeC works with key stakeholders in the region to ensure that we:
- support initiatives by Government, business and community groups to increase employment opportunities in the Regions.
- alleviate unemployment by extending assistance, training and work experience to job seekers.
- provide support and interaction with Indigenous and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities to identify and respond to unemployment issues in a culturally appropriate manner.
- provide advice and the provision of other services to persons in necessitous circumstances.
- enlist the business community and work with other not for profit and charities to provide services that directly assist people to relieve suffering, misfortune and homelessness.
- support micro and small business enterprises to increase employment opportunities in the community.
- promote information technology consciousness in the local community.
Since its inception, ITeC has seen many changes and to support our mission to deliver small business, training and employment related skills through community projects. ITeC has evolved with those changes to ensure it is always at the forefront of delivering services to meet market and client needs.