WORK WITH US
CAREERS AT ITeC
Are you looking to work for a not for profit organisation supporting our community?
WHO WE ARE
The Illawarra ITeC is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering training and business advisory support services throughout the Illawarra, Southern Highlands and Southern NSW Region.
We are not like many other RTOs. We don’t wait for surveys and audits to tell us what we can do better – we are out and about in the Illawarra and neighbouring regions, talking to everyone, always striving to do more, be more and give more to our clients, students, employees and partners. We are the place where everyone fits, and everyone has a voice, ensuring that every idea and perspective is heard and valued so that our services reflect the many facets of the community that we serve. We are dedicated to ensuring that our work, learning and business advisory environment is one that is wholly inclusive and completely diverse, in line with our company objective to provide wraparound training, employment pathways and support to those in our society who are most in need of it.
Aboriginal Business Advisor - Identified Position
- Great team environmen
- Customer centric focus
- Up to $15,900 tax free through salary packaging.
- 3 days per week (Part time)
Our client has their head office in Wollongong, providing high quality services. They have an awesome team of dedicated and highly skilled people who are passionate about their jobs.
The purpose of this role is to deliver Aboriginal Business Advisory Services that support the objectives of the NSW Government funded program, providing a range of advice, support and events that assist Aboriginal individuals to start, grow, adapt and scale up business.
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Facilitating events in the local region
- Meet with clients.
- Facilitate coaching meetings with clients.
- Deliver online and mobile business advice.
- Provide business coaching support.
- Refer clients to other agencies to obtain the knowledge they need to succeed as business owner.
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Have experience in business coaching and mentoring to startups and existing businesses.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Business.
- Experience in business plan writing, marketing, financial planning and management.
- Demonstrated local connections and knowledge of the region.
- Ability to travel regionally, when and as required.
- Ability to contribute to a positive company culture.
- Highly developed organisational skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands.
- Well-developed report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to strict WHS legislation in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team to accomplish goals and objectives.
- NSW Working with Children Check or ability to obtain.
- Diploma or higher in Small Business qualifications.
- High-level IT and administration skills
If you are passionate about working in a professional environment and love to go above and beyond to achieve the goals of the job, we would love to hear from you.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to Judy Barker at email@example.com