Employability Skills Training (EST)
Employability Skills Training helps you to become job ready by building the skills and confidence you need to find employment in your area of interest.
What is EST?
Employability Skills Training will provide practical learning experiences to assist eligible young people aged 15 – 24 years old to improve their chances to gain and keep a job. The 3-week course/s will help you:
- Understand what employers are looking for and prepare applications that get interviews.
- Develop skills and confidence to make your interview a success.
- Identify your strengths, goals, skills, and any practical challenges you face to getting a job.
- Identify the many career possibilities and how you can fit now and, in the future.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities when you get a job.
- Make connections with employers and industry experts for a greater understanding of the different roles and responsibilities available in the Region
Block 1 prepares you to meet the expectations of employers by helping you demonstrate you have the attitude and approach to work, that employers want. We will help you to:
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the workplace and the attitudes employers expect you to have
- Communicate for work – connect, contribute, and have the confidence to work well with other people
- Plan, organise, make decisions, and complete tasks
- Identify and solve problems.
- Stay motivated and positive in your job search
Block Two gives you a sharper understanding of the labour market so you can identify and pursue sustainable employment opportunities. You will:
- Learn advanced job search skills and look at career development.
- Receive help with writing your Cover Letter, Resume and Job Applications.
- Improve your interview skills with new tips and techniques.
Have a chance to participate in Industry Awareness Experiences, which will give you an idea about the tasks and roles in different industries
You may be eligible for Employability Skills Training if you are:
- Registered with a jobactive provider, or a participant in the New Employment Services Trial
- 15 to 24 years of age
- Receiving income support; and
- Have mutual obligation requirements
Find out more about Employability Skills Training
If you’re interested, contact your employment services provider and ask them to refer you to an Employability Skills Training course with Illawarra ITeC.
Job Seeker Info!
Click link below to download a PDF with information for jobseekers.
Trial and Internship Assistance!
Download Employer and Jobseeker info for assistance!
Attachment of detail!
Download detailed information regarding ITeC’s EST Program.
Employment Provider Info!
Information for Employment Providers.