Do you need assistance with starting or growing your business?
Illawarra ITeC delivers a Self-Employment Assistance Program which can help you explore, run, and operate your new or existing micro-business through tailored advice, training, and mentoring.
The Self Employment Assistance Program will provide a range of services for current and aspiring business owners, ranging from flexible individual Business Advice Sessions to a structured 12-month package of Small Business Coaching. The program’s flexibility will allow people to choose the support that best fits their needs to run a successful small business. The Self-Employment Assistance Program replaces the previous NEIS program.
There are a range of support services available, ranging from getting help with your business idea, developing business plans and small business training to receiving tailored business advice so that your business becomes financially viable.
Illawarra ITeC Self-Employment Assistance Program services include:
- Personalised business advice, mentoring and support services for new start-ups and existing businesses.
- Business workshops.
- Accredited business training tailored to meet your needs and experience: Certificate III and IV in Entrepreneurship & New Business and Small Business Skills Sets.
- Business Plan Development.
- Business Health Checks.
Explore Self-Employment with Illawarra ITeC’s regular workshops
- Understand what’s involved in starting a business.
- Generate or validate a business plan.
- Make an informed decision as to whether self-employment is right for you.
Small Business Accredited Training
Small business training provides you with the business skills you need to start and run a small business. We offer accredited qualifications in:
- Certificate III in entrepreneurship and New Business (BSB30220)
- Micro Business Skill Set (BSBSS00102)
- New Business Ventures Skill Set (BSBSS00104)
- Small Business Management Skill Set (BSBSS00104)
Help To Develop a Business Plan
A business plan helps people focus on the steps needed to make their businesses succeed. The Self-Employment Assistance Program can help you develop a business plan in several ways, including through:
- Tailored, expert one-on-one business advice.
- Small business training.
- Help and assessment of your business plan to check its viability.
Small Business Coaching And Mentoring
Small business coaching and mentoring will provide eligible participants with:
- Access to personalised business mentoring and support for up to 12 months
- Support for up to $300.00 worth of small business start-up costs, such as business insurance
- An allowance for up to 39 weeks and rental assistance for up to 26 weeks (talk to us about your eligibility)
Business Health Checks
A Business Health Check is a 3-hour, one-on-one session with one of our professional Business Advisors who will help you assess how your business is currently running and find ways to improve it. You can access one Business Health Check every 12 months (eligibility applies).
Business Advice Sessions
You can book up to 2 free one-hour sessions every 12 months (eligibility rules apply). These sessions may involve:
- Gaining advice on establishing your business
- Improving your business’ financial position
- A range of other small business-related matters including marketing and promotion, financial, legal and compliance etc to suit your needs
Click below to download
the PDF flyer
Wollongong, Southern Highlands,
Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla & Bega
Check out the DESE website for further information.